|image crédit: |
If you are one of those parents, please, do the community and yourself a favor; educate them before it's too late. Note: education is not yelling and beating, but rather teaching the child to be aware and considerate of people around, which one day along the road will include you as well.
Here is what you can do to teach your youngster some manners:
1. Explain what is rude and disrespectful, for example kicking people or staring at them. They would not want someone do that to them, so they shouldn't do it either.
2. Channel their attention. Make sure they are occupied at all times. A book or some cartoons will do. If they are entertained and busy, they won't have time for screaming.
3. Persuade them to behave like adults. Children love to be treated as equals, and they hate to be called "cry babies," so use this to your advantage.
4. Pay attention to the child's needs. Why is he/she screaming? Is it hunger or desire to be noticed? Listening to your children helps understand and correct the behavior.
5. And finally, let them know that what they are doing is wrong and it upsets you. You need to teach them to respect and please you, so why not start doing it now?
And remember: children are not born naughty or obedient. Everything depends on you, from their first lesson in manners to their bright future you definitely want them to have.